The primary responsibility of the CRM Integration is to exchange data between eTrigue and your CRM system. The flow of the CRM integration can be summarized as:
- The integration synchronizes data on a scheduled interval. The default is 30 minutes, but other syncing intervals are available under Settings > Integration Settings > Integration Parameters.
- During each sync interval, the integration exchanges data between an eTrigue Prospect and its corresponding connected Lead or Contact.
- The integration will match records using a combination of CRM ID and/or email address. The records that will have data exchanged include the following:
- Leads and Contacts in CRM that have been recently modified
- Prospects in eTrigue that have been recently modified
- Prospects in eTrigue that have been pushed via the List Builder (search).
- Prospects in eTrigue that have been pushed by Push to CRM Actions in campaigns.
- Prospects in eTrigue that have qualified for Alert Rules with the push prospects in this alert to CRM checkbox enabled.
- When the above records are processed by CRM Integration, the integration will only send or retrieve the following data:
- Mapped fields specified by the mappings under Settings > Integration Settings > Mappings.
- Update campaign memberships in CRM system if Sync Campaign is enabled.
- When the integration is UPDATING records, direction of data flow is enforced by the mapping “arrows”. When the integration is CREATING records, data flows from creating system to destination system for all mapped fields.
Configuring Your CRM Integration Settings
Users can manage their integration settings by going to Settings > CRM Integration. The following areas can be managed:
- Credentials: Manage the username and password of your integration.
- Integration Parameters: Enable/disable the integration and its features.
- Mapped Fields: Update what data fields are mapped and indicate direction of data flow.
Sending Prospects to Your CRM System
Users may "push" prospects from eTrigue to their connected CRM system. Pushing can be accomplished manually or automatically.
There are two ways to push prospects:
- Push one prospect at a time. This is great when users are examining an individual record and have deemed that the record is qualified enough for their CRM. Within a prospect record, click on the Push to CRM button in the top left corner.
Click here for detailed steps.
- Push multiple prospects at once. If you are viewing prospect lists and see that you want to push multiple qualified prospects at once, use the More [. . .] tools. First select the prospects that you want to push, then click on [. . .], and then choose Push to CRM.
Automatically Push Prospects
There are two ways to configure the system to automatically push leads into your CRM:
Create a Lead Alert Rule
When creating a Lead Alert Rule, you can check the Push prospects in this alert to CRM checkbox. Anytime a tracked prospect visits one of your tracked websites and has activity or attributes that match the criteria for your alert rule, the prospect record will automatically be pushed to your CRM during the next update interval.
Use a "Push to CRM" Action in a Running Campaign
When creating a new Campaign, you can include Push to CRM Actions in the campaign flow(s) of your choice -- any campaign members that reach these actions and have activity or attributes that match the corresponding action criteria will automatically be pushed to your CRM during the next update interval.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does CRM Integration handle duplicate records that exist in CRM?
- How come I cannot edit field mappings that are in red?
- How often does the integration sync?
- What do I do when I encounter the "Add Mapping Failed" error?
- Can the CRM Integration create contacts?