To deduplicate (merge) one group of matching Prospects at a time:
- If your account is configured to utilize eTrigue CRM Integration, be sure to remove duplicate records from the CRM first, in order to prevent the duplicate records from reentering the eTrigue database by way of the normal synchronization process.
- Go to Settings > Configuration > Deduplicate Prospects. You will be taken to the Deduplicate Prospects Listing.
By default, eTrigue will identify and display duplicate records if they have an exactly matching Email. Upon request to the eTrigue Support team, your account can alternatively be configured to match on a combination of Email, First Name, and Last Name. In either case, all groups of duplicate records in your eTrigue account will be listed, along with the following information about each group:
- Number of Duplicates: The total number of duplicate Prospect records in each group.
- Email: The distinct email address that is shared by all Prospect records in each group of duplicates.
- First Name*: The distinct first name that is shared by all Prospect records in each group of duplicates.
- Last Name*: The distinct last name that is shared by all Prospect records in each group of duplicates.
* only displayed if your account is configured to identify duplicates using Email, First Name, and Last Name. To enable this for your account, please submit a request to eTrigue Support.
- Click the Deduplicate icon next to the group of duplicate records that you would like to review and merge. You will be taken to the Merge Duplicates page, where you will be presented with a listing of all prospect records in your database that share the selected Email, or Email, First Name, and Last name (depending on the default settings for your account).
- On the Merge Duplicates page, review the listed Prospects to determine which record to keep in the system. If needed, click Select Columns to choose additional prospect columns to view. For further analysis, you may double-click on an individual Prospect to view their Prospect Detail and Activity History.
When considering which Prospect record to keep, note the following:
- All other records in the group will be deleted after the deduplication process completes.
- The remaining Prospect record will retain all of its original data (none will be overwritten).
- Fields that were BLANK for the remaining Prospect, prior to the deduplication process, will be filled-in with existing data from the deleted records in the group. Blank fields for the remaining Prospect will be filled-in with the value from the OLDEST deleted record that has a non-blank value in the same field.
- The remaining Prospect record will inherit the combined Activity history of all matching records in the group.
- The remaining Prospect record will retain their Tracking Cookie and will NOT inherit any cookies held by merged records. Any additional traffic generated by prospects who have been merged will not contribute to the history of the record that they were merged into.
- Click to select the Prospect that you wish to keep in the system. The selected Prospect record should be highlighted in orange.
- Click Merge Duplicates into Selected Record.
- Click OK in the confirmation dialog that appears to proceed with merging all duplicate records into the selected Prospect. After the process has completed, you should see only one (the selected) Prospect listed on the Merge Duplicates page. This is a confirmation that all other records have been merged.
- Click Show all Duplicates to return to the Merge Duplicates listing.
- Repeat Steps 3-8 to deduplicate additional groupings, as desired.
To learn how to automatically merge ALL groups duplicate records, click here.