Do you need to send a single email to just one prospect? eTrigue's Outlook plugin makes it easy and convenient to send one-off trackable emails directly from Outlook.
Simply include links to your website or landing pages in your email, and the plugin will automatically make those links trackable.
When a prospect clicks on a link that leads to a page with tracking code, they will be added to your database if they did not already exist and cookied for ongoing visitor tracking. Note that the prospect record created initially will only include the prospect's email address and source. However, additional information can be added to the record manually by a user or through a list import.
Note: You can send to ONLY ONE prospect AT A TIME. This ensures that tracking is unique to each individual.
Where do I download the plugin?
Download the plugin found at the bottom of the page.
- Close Outlook if it is already open.
- Locate the setup-eTrigue-addin-xxxx.exe file (previously unzipped) and click to run.
- Click Yes if prompted by User Account Control, and click Next to start the installation process.
- Enter the tracking string that will be used for all links sent via the plugin, and click Save to continue.
By default, the tracking string will already be set to OL (Outlook). If OL is used as the tracking string, new prospects created from clicking on trackable links will have "Outlook" assigned as their source and category.
- The Outlook plugin also has the flexibility to allow users to assign their newly created prospects with specific attributes (e.g. Owner, Source, Campaign, Categories) based on IQ Links. Users can create IQ Links in DemandCenter and input the IQ Link's IQ Key into the tracking string parameter of the Outlook plugin.
To learn more about IQ Links, check out this article. Note that the tracking string can be changed at any time, and you do not have to generate an IQ Link in order to use the plugin.
- Click Install followed by Finish to complete the installation.
How do I use the plugin to send out a trackable email?
- Open up Outlook after the plugin has been installed.
- Click New Email and begin composing your email as you normally would.
- Highlight the text in the email that you want to use as your trackable link.
- Right-click and select Hyperlink from the menu that appears.
- Insert the address (URL of the destination page) and click OK when finished.
- When you are ready to send the email, just click on the Send with eTrigue button.
- That's it! You've sent a trackable email.
If a prospect clicks on a link, then they will be cookied for known visitor tracking. If they are already in your database, then their existing prospect record will be updated with their recent activity. If a brand new prospect clicks on a link, then a new prospect record is created and any previous anonymous activity will be appended to their record.