The Content Manager is where you will host your content for Email Template or Landing Page assets, such as images or whitepaper files (e.g. PDFs). The Content Manager can help you browse, upload, and move files - directly from your internet browser and without the need to install anything on your computer.
Key areas of the Content Manager include:
- (A) Folders pane - contains a hierarchical tree view of the folders that you can navigate. Users can organize files into folders.
- (B) Files pane – Displays the files in the selected folder.
- (C) Toolbar – Execute specific file browser functions (upload, refresh, settings)
- (D) Status Bar - At the bottom of the interface, displays information about the selected item.
If you select a file, it will display the file's URL, size, and last modification date.
If you select a folder, it will display the number of files inside and approximate folder size.
- (E) Context Menu - Right-clicking on assets in the Files pane will show a menu with commands that execute specific tasks upon the selected asset.
How do I upload files? What file types are supported?
To upload files, click on Upload and then browse your computer to locate the file that you would like to upload. The most common supported file types are:
.7z .gz .gzip .rar .tar .tgz .zip
.csv .doc .docx .ods .pdf .ppt .pptx .rtf .sxc .sxw .txt .xls .xlsx
.eot .otf .ttf .woff
.bmp .gif .jpeg .jpg .png .tif .tiff .svg .vsd
.mp3 .wma .ogg .swf
.css .ics .htm .html .sdc .sitd
Organizing the Content Manager
When uploading a file to the Content Manager, the file will be saved in the current directory that you are viewing. You can move files from one folder to another by:
- Select one or more files using click, CTRL+click, or SHIFT+click.
- Right-click and choose Add to Clipboard.
- Within the Folders pane, navigate and click on the folder that you would like the files moved to.
- Right-click on the folder and choose Move files.
Important: Please note that when a file is moved, its file location (URL path) changes. Therefore, email and landing page templates may needed to updated to reflect the new locations. Otherwise, the broken paths may lead to less than desirable end-user experiences.
For example, prospects may experience broken images or webpage errors, such as Image Cannot Be Displayed or 404 Not Found.