eTrigue progressive forms can protect links on your website by adding a small piece of code to the link's HTML code. Once a link has been modified with the code, prospects will be presented with your progressive form upon clicking on one of those links.
Note - Links inside eTrigue email templates cannot be protected by progressive forms.
To protect a link on your eTrigue landing page created by the Drag and Drop Editor:
- If you haven't already done so, create your progressive form.
- Go to Assets > Assets and open your landing page by double-clicking on your page within your Asset library.
- On your landing page, link the asset.
- After you have added links to your assets (e.g. files, PDFs), in the top right corner, click Properties.
- Under Protected Links, locate the asset that you have added. If you have successfully added a link to your file on your landing page, the full URL should be listed.
Next to your asset, tick the checkbox and choose the progressive form that will protect that asset.
- When finished, click Save.
To protect a link on your website with an eTrigue progressive form:
- In eTrigue, go to Assets and open your progressive form.
- Click on the Actions tab. Under Associate Form to Campaigns, locate and make note of the eTriguePf value next to class. Below is an example of what you might see:
- In the source code of your tracked web page, locate the <a> tag for your link that you would like to protect with your eTrigue progressive form.
For example, if your web page contains a link that points to a PDF, the HTML may look something like this:
<body>Download <a href="https://www.etrigue.com/whitepapers/My_Example_Whitepaper.pdf">here</a></body>
- Add a class attribute to your <a> tag. The value for your class attribute should be the eTriguePf value. Using the example above, the HTML would now look something like this:
<body>Download <a class="eTriguePf-15782-5016" href="https://www.etrigue.com/whitepapers/My_Example_Whitepaper.pdf">here</a></body>
- Save the changes to your page.