NOTE: The steps below should be followed by someone with advanced HTML experience. Please consult your website administrator(s).
You will need to build a corresponding Form in eTrigue for each distinct web form on your website and implement specific code to your website for each form. The same EXACT form code should never be used for multiple forms on your website. This can lead to tracking discrepancies and other issues.
To add eTrigue-enabled Form code to a web page that is hosted on your website (not a DemandCenter Landing Page):
- Go to Assets. Find your existing form within the Assets Explorer or create an eTrigue enabled web form.
- Click Copy Code in the Form Code window.
- Implement or integrate the code into the source code of the web page where your form lives. You may need your web team to complete this task or integrate the code with your website.
- Save your web page and post it somewhere where you will be able to test the form functionality.
- Test your form and confirm:
- A corresponding record is created (or updated) in DemandCenter upon submitting the form
- Your test record is tracked as you visit additional pages on your trackable website(s).
- Add your form to the section of your web site where you would like it to be featured.