eTrigue DemandCenter makes it easy to see the effectiveness of your Google AdWords campaigns with Google AdWords Integration. DemandCenter Users can go beyond the simple cost-per-click and cost-per-conversion reporting available in Google AdWords with visibility of eTrigue tracking data.
When an eTrigue-cookied known visitor arrives at your site from a Google AdWords paid search ad, the actions of that known prospect are captured and logged along with the search information, even if the visitor does not complete a conversion event.
How to Connect Your AdWords Account with DemandCenter
Before you can start seeing AdWords data, we need to get your DemandCenter account connected with your AdWords account. Here are the steps:
- Make sure you have logged out of your Google AdWords account. After doing so, log into your DemandCenter account.
- Go to Settings > Integration Settings > AdWords Integration.
- Click Connect your AdWords account. When prompted, enter your credentials to your Google AdWords account.
- Click Accept to authorize DemandCenter's read access to your AdWords campaigns. You will be directed back to DemandCenter's AdWords page. The AdWords Integration Status should read: Pending.
- Next to AdWords Customer ID, provide the ID number of your AdWords Account.
- Next to AdWords Admin Email, provide the email address to receive any DemandCenter system messages pertaining to the AdWords Integration.
- Click Save. If your AdWords credentials are valid and the authorization was successful, the status should read: Connected.
Add eTrigue Tracking Parameters to Your Ads in AdWords
Now that you have AdWords connected, you add a few eTrigue tracking parameters to your existing AdWords tracked URLs. These tracking parameters will allow DemandCenter to track when known and anonymous prospects are clicking on your AdWords Ads.
- Log in to your AdWords account.
- Go to Ads & extensions > ADS.
- Next to your Ad's Final URL, add the following to the end:
- If your tracked Final URL already contains existing tracking parameters, add the following to the end instead:
- The Final URL should consist of the URL of your Ad, along with eTrigue's tracking parameters. Here is an example:
Viewing your AdWords Data in DemandCenter
DemandCenter provides a view of your AdWords data and can show you which prospects in your DemandCenter database have been linked to visitors that have been clicking on your AdWords Ads.
In the sidebar, click Reports. Next, under REPORTS, click ROI - AdWords.
Configuring your AdWords View
Specify the period of time for your report. Only data that occurred during this period will be included in your AdWords View. You can choose a specific Date Range or by Days Ago. Click Apply to refresh the view with your choice.
AdWords View Summary
A summary of your existing AdWords Ad Campaigns will display along with the following data:
- Name of the AdWords campaign *
- Status of campaign *
- The budget allotted to the AdWords campaign *
- The number of clicks to a campaign or individual ad *
- Impressions *
- Click through rate (CTR) *
- Average cost per click (CPC) *
- Cost of the paid search campaign *
- Conversions *
- Cost per conversion *
- Known Prospects: The total number of known prospects in your DemandCenter database that have been linked to visitors clicking on your AdWords ads. You can click on the number to view the unique known prospects that comprised the total.
- Anonymous Prospects: The total number of anonymous prospects in your DemandCenter database that have been linked to visitors clicking on your AdWords ads. You can click on the number to view the unique anonymous prospects that comprised the total.
* This is data received directly from your AdWords account. The AdWords Integration does not alter the incoming data from your AdWords account.