You are sending emails and the emails have wonderful content. However, there is another crucial part--tracking! You as a marketer, need to know when prospects return and what they view.
eTrigue provides tracking of visitors and their activities on your website. The tracking is facilitated by our eTrigue Tracking Code, which captures visit session data by setting cookies inside the visitors' browsers.
What does eTrigue Tracking Code do?
Key responsibilities of the tracking code:
- Identify anonymous visitors and track their visit history.
- Convert anonymous visitors to known visitors; track visit history for known visitors.
- Captures data from Standard and Progressive form submissions.
- Record assets that have been downloaded by known visitors.
- Capture AdWords visitors for URLs that have been tied with AdWords tracking parameters.
How do I get eTrigue to track my websites?
It is real easy! There are two main steps: add the code to your pages and tell eTrigue what domains you are tracking.
Get and Apply the Tracking Code to Your Site
- You can retrieve your DemandCenter account's unique tracking code by following these instructions here.
- Add the tracking code to your website.
Add Your Domain to Your DemandCenter Site Settings
- Go to Settings > Account Settings > Site Management.
- Click New Site.
- An empty row will appear where you can hover over the empty fields and provide information for the site that should be tracked:
- Site Description: Provide a brief description of the website.
- Domain: Type in the URL of the site.
Note - URLs should not contain a slash character at the end. You do not need to add a protocol such as 'http://' or 'https://'.
- When finished, click Save Changes.
Frequently Asked Questions
My website is hosted by Wix. Is there any additional information?
How to Add Tracking Code to a Wix Page
Due to the way Wix hosts and manages websites, Wix limits what users can add to their Wix webpages. At this time, you will need to embed the eTrigue Tracking code through an app developed by Wix called HTML i Frame/Embed.
- Log into your WIX editor.
- On the left hand side, click Add Apps.
- Search for the HTML iFrame/Embed app developed by WIX and click Add to Site.
- After the app has been added to your page, double-click on it or click on the gears icon.
In the app's HTML Settings window:
- Click the radio button next to Code.
- Under Add your code here (HTTPS only), paste the eTrigue Tracking code.
- Click Update.
- Then close the HTML Settings window.
- Right-click on the app again and enable the Show on All Pages toggle.
- Save your Wix page and Publish. You might want to move or adjust the embed app to a different location, such as the bottom of the page, so that the app is obscure to your visitors.
Note About Wix and Reporting
Custom code is not direclty supported by Wix. Wix only allows you to add tracking code through an iFrame. Due to this limitation, Wix will report back the location of the iFrame and not the actual URL of the page that is viewed.
As a result, when you are viewing the visit history of a prospect or viewing a report that lists tracked pages, the URL of those pages will be that of the iFrame's location and not the actual URL of the page.
In addition, Wix does not support parameters in URLs. Email recipients that click on email links will not be cookied for ongoing known visitor tracking.