A Real-Time Lead Alert is a rule based notification sent from the DemandCenter to assigned DemandCenter users.
The main purpose of Lead Alerts are to inform users that a known prospect has recently visited your website and that they also fit the description of your organization's criteria of a person that should be followed-up by Marketing or Sales calls.
Benefits of Real-Time Alerts:
- Increase sales connect rates with prospects/customers
- Up to 10x better call connect rates
- Timely received information can lead to more engaging calls.
- Identify high quality leads early by seeing their every visit, asset download, webinar registration, etc.
- Improve professionalism
Lead Alerts are triggered when:
- A prospect has visited your website.
- AND -
- The prospect matched the criteria of a lead alert rule. The criteria evaluates the prospect's history and field data to determine if the prospect is a match.
For example, the criteria could be whether the prospect has downloaded at least one PDF. Another example usage would be setting up territory-based lead alert rules. (e.g. If a visiting prospect is from California or Nevada, then send the real-time alert to the representative that handles those two states.
Anatomy of a Real-Time Lead Alert
Below is an example of a basic Real-Time Alert. The look and feel of Real-Time Lead Alerts can be customized.
Out of the box, default Real-Time Lead Alerts showcase valuable prospect activity and demographic data collected by eTrigue over the lifetime of the prospect record including sections such as:
- Contact information of the prospect, such as names, emails, company info, and phone.
- View Details: Links to prospect record in DemandCenter
- Push to CRM button: Links to push the record to your CRM (for integrated accounts only)
Cumulative Visit History
- Born On Date: Date prospect was added to the eTrigue database
- Page Count: Total number of pages the prospect has visited all-time
- Length of Stay: Total amount of time the prospect has spent on tracked pages all-time
- Total Visit Count: Total number of tracked visit sessions all-time
Recent Visit Details
- Visit Date: Date of the prospect activity that triggered the Alert.
- Lead Alert Rule: Name of the rule that triggered the Alert.
- Length of Stay: Length of time the prospect spent on tracked pages during the visit session that triggered the Alert.
- Total Pages: Total number of tracked pages the prospect visited during the visit session that triggered the Alert.
- Visited From: Name of the company to which the prospect's current IP address is registered and the IP address of the prospect
- Referring URL: URL that a prospect came from prior to visiting a tracked page
- Links to specific pages visited during the visit session that triggered the alert, as well as an accounting of the duration spent per page
Recent Marketing Activity
- Last Received
- Sent Date: Date that the most recent email was sent to the prospect
- Campaign Name: Name of the campaign from which the most recent email was sent to the prospect
- Campaign Description: Description of the campaign from which the most recent email was sent to the prospect
- Subject: Subject line of the most recent email sent to the prospect
- Last Participated
- Campaign Name: Name of the campaign that the prospect most recently visited from
- Campaign Description: Description of the campaign that the prospect most recently visited from
- Company Announcement - A customizable text area that can be updated by your DemandCenter administrator with messaging to keep your team members up-to-date on the latest company news and events
- eTrigue Quick Tip! - Displays helpful tips and best practices from our experts at eTrigue.
How to View More Information
If you need more information about the prospect, users can click View Details.
The button will redirect the user to a page that showcases the entire history and data of the prospect.
Push Prospects from Real-Time Lead Alerts to CRM
If your DemandCenter account has been configured to integrate with a CRM solution (e.g. Salesforce), the Real-Time Lead Alerts give users the ability to push records directly into their CRM system.
Under the Prospect Details section, click Push to CRM to cause the record to be pushed over to the CRM system. The record should appear within a few minutes in your CRM system.
Note: When prospects are pushed, the CRM Integration will attempt to link the pushed eTrigue Prospect to an existing Lead or Contact in your CRM system if there is a matching email address. If there is no matching email address in your CRM, the integration will create a new Lead in your CRM.
Tip: Knowing the Differences Between "Lead Alert", "Real-Time Alert", and "Alert Messages"
Lead Alerts are what you setup to determine when a Real-Time alert is triggered. (e.g. the condition or criteria in which a real-time alert should be sent out)
Real-Time Alerts are the physical alerts that are sent out when a prospect visits and matches the criteria of a Lead Alert.
Alert Messages are what you create to define the look and feel of the Real-Time Alert. (e.g. how the Real-Time alert looks)
How to Setup
To learn how to create Lead Alerts, or the conditions in which Real-Time Alerts are triggered, click here.
To learn how to stylize and customize your Real-Time alerts, create Alert Messages.
- Use the Drag & Drop Email Builder to create beautiful, mobile-responsive Alert Messages.
- If you are a master at hand-coding HTML, use the HTML Editor to create Alert Messages.
Track Sales Follow-Up of Real-Time Alerts
Lead Alerts support Lead Responsiveness Tracking. Users can track engagement and follow-up of Real-Time Alerts conducted by alert recipients.