The Demographic Score enables you to define a value for specific demographics using standard fields (name, title, location, email, industry) or custom fields that have been created (SIC Codes, revenue, number of employees, etc.).
Demographic Scores consist of Rule Sets and inside the Rule Sets are criteria with an assigned score. For each criteria that a prospect matches, the point value will be added to their cumulative Demographic Score.
To create a Demographic Score Rule, follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings > Prospect Settings > Prospect Scores > Demographic Score.
- Click Add Rule Set and provide a name for your rule set.
- Once the Rule Set has been added, click the plus icon next to the name of the Rule Set to define your criteria and points.
- Click Add Condition under the Criteria section of the Demographic Score pop-up dialogue.
- Select a field criteria to determine which matching prospects in the database should be applied to this score.
- Next to Score, enter the score value (from -100 to 100) that you would like to assign to any prospects that match the criteria.
- (Optional) Click Analyze to see the number of prospects that match the criteria at the present time and would subsequently be scored by this rule.
- Click OK to finish creating the Demographic Score Rule.
- To the right of each individual Demographic Score Rule within your Rule Sets:
- Click Active to enable a rule so that prospects will immediately be scored according to the criteria defined in the rule.
- Click Deactivate to disable a rule so that prospects will no longer be scored according to the criteria defined in the rule.
- Click the Edit icon to make changes to the settings for a rule.
- Click the Delete icon to delete a rule from your account.
Note: Up to 10 different Rule Sets can be created.