To deduplicate your DemandCenter database:
- If your account is configured to utilize DemandCenter's CRM Integration, be sure to remove duplicate records from the CRM first, in order to prevent the duplicate records from reentering the DemandCenter database by way of the normal synchronization process.
- Go to Settings > DemandCenter Configuration > Deduplicate Prospects. You will be taken to the Deduplicate Prospects Listing.
All groups of duplicate records in your DemandCenter account will be listed. By default, DemandCenter will identify and display duplicate records if they have an exactly matching email address. along with the following information about each group:
- Number of Duplicates: The total number of duplicate Prospect records in each group.
- Email: The distinct email address that is shared by all Prospect records in each group of duplicates.
- First Name*: The distinct first name that is shared by all Prospect records in each group of duplicates.
- Last Name*: The distinct last name that is shared by all Prospect records in each group of duplicates.
* only if your account is configured to identify duplicates using Email, First Name, and Last Name. To enable this for your account, please submit a request to eTrigue Support.
- Manually review individual groups of duplicates and merge each group, one-by one. This method will allow you to choose the exact record that will be retained, and merged into, for each group of duplicates.
- Automatically merge ALL groups of duplicate records at once (up to 200 records at a time). This method will automatically retain, and merge duplicates into, the oldest record in each distinct group of duplicates.
To learn how to manually merge individual groups of duplicate records, click here.
To learn how to automatically merge ALL groups duplicate records, click here.