A Lead Alert Rule is a set of search criteria that determine which prospects will qualify to trigger Real-Time and/or Scheduled Alerts when they visit one of your eTrigue Trackable Websites.
When eTrigue-enabled prospects visit an eTrigue Trackable Website, they are checked against all existing Lead Alert Rules. If they match any Lead Alert Rules, the corresponding alerts will be triggered and sent to assigned DemandCenter Users.
To create a Lead Alert Rule:
- Go to Alerts > Known Prospect Alerts > Alerts > New Alert.
- On the left-hand side of the page, locate the criteria that you would like to use for your Lead Alert Rule. Drag and drop the criteria into the middle of the page.
Alternatively, you can type the name of the field criteria that you would like to use within the text box and select the criteria field name.
- Repeat Step 2 for any additional criteria that you would like to add to your Lead Alert Rule.
- Once the criteria for your Lead Alert rule has been established, provide a name for your Lead Alert.
Note: The Alert Name will appear within the subject line of the Scheduled Alert emails.
- (Optional) Under Description, enter a description for your Lead Alert if you wish to provide additional information or notes to your team members regarding the Lead Alert.
- Under Users to Alert, click Add Users to open a list of available DemandCenter Users. Double-click on the name(s) of the DemandCenter User(s) that you wish to alert and click OK to apply your selection(s).
- To have a Scheduled Alert distributed on a regular basis, check the box next to Scheduled Alert and then configure the following:
- Frequency: Select the ongoing interval at which you would like Scheduled Alerts to be sent.
- Start Date: Select the date on which you would like Scheduled Alerts to begin sending to assigned users.
- Run Time: Select the time at which Scheduled Alerts will be sent out to assigned users on a regular basis.
- To have Real-Time Lead Alerts distributed immediately after the rule has been met by visiting prospects, check the box next to Real-time Alert and click Add Alert Template to select the Alert Messages that you would like to use when this Alert is sent.
- (Requires CRM Integration) Check the box next to Push prospects in this alert to CRM to automatically push qualifying prospects to your CRM database during the next eTrigue-to-CRM update interval.
- Click Save when finished to create your new Lead Alert Rule.