To use Test Mode to thoroughly test the components of your campaign:
- Edit the campaign that you would like to test.
- Test Mode can only be used with campaigns whose status are Draft or Paused.
- If the campaign's status is Scheduled or Started, click the Pause button to temporarily disable the campaign while you test.
- If the campaign's status is Ended, then you will not be able to use Test Mode with this campaign (but you can clone the campaign to create a new copy with a Draft status).
- If the unsaved changes were made by you, then click Save Changes to retain your changes or click on the 'x' at the far right of the campaign title bar to close the campaign and abandon all unsaved changes.
- If the unsaved changes were made by another user, then you may want to consult with that user on how they would like to proceed.
- Validate Campaign - Clicking this button will cause the system to check all campaign actions in the campaign to ensure that campaign Action Properties have been configured with their minimum requirements. If all requirements have been met, you will see 'Ok' noted below each valid Action. If further configuration is needed for a particular Action or Actions, then you will see red errors below the incomplete Action(s) with a brief description of the issue(s).
- Test Action - Clicking this button will cause the system to immediately apply the behavior of the Action ONLY to the members of the Test Audience specified in the campaign's Start Action. To use the Test Action feature:
01. Click on the Action that you would like to test. When selected, the Action will turn blue.
02. Next, click the Test Action button. A confirmation dialog box will open displaying the effects of the Action upon each Test Audience member. The behavior of the Action will be applied immediately ONLY to the members of the Test Audience list. A confirmation dialog box will open displaying the effects of the Action upon each Test Audience member. All configuration settings and option logic will be applied to the Test Audience, so you should check to ensure that the appropriate test prospects received the appropriate behavior, based on prospect record details and tracking history.
03. Repeat Steps 01-02 for each individual Action that you would like to test.