No -- The system will only count each unique Prospect, by their unique eTrigue ID, ONE time, when including them as Audience members of the Campaign. If the same Prospect ID appears in multiple lists within the same Campaign Audience, that Prospect will still only be counted and included as one Audience member -- they will only move through the Campaign Flow one time, pass through Email Actions only once, and thus will receive only ONE email message, per each Email action for which they are qualified.
However, if you have Audience lists containing multiple prospects with the same email address but different eTrigue IDs, the system will treat each unique ID as a separate individual record. Each record will be sent ONE email message, per each Email Action for which they are qualified. The net result will be that a single email address can receive duplicate emails, multiple times. As an example, refer to the following scenario below:
- There are 3 duplicate records in your database, as follows:
- ID = 100 -- John Doe <email@example.com>
- ID = 200 -- Johnny Doe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- ID = 300 -- Johnathan Doe <email@example.com>
- There is a campaign with a single Email Action with a default option to send an email.
- The campaign Audience is compromised of 5 lists, and the email address <firstname.lastname@example.org> is included in each list, as follows:
- List 1 contains John (ID = 100)
- List 2 contains Johnny (ID = 200)
- List 3 contains Johnathan (ID = 300)
- List 4 contains John (ID = 100)
- List 5 contains John (ID = 100)
Even though the email address <email@example.com> overlaps and appears five times in the Audience, the email address <firstname.lastname@example.org> would only be sent a total of three emails because there are three unique prospect IDs (100, 200, & 300).
To learn how to create an email template, click an click here.
To learn how to create a Campaign, click here.
To learn about Campaign Email Actions, click here.