Enabling multi-part MIME (Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions) in DemandCenter will permit you to send both an HTML and a plain text version of your email.
Generally, it is recommended that emails are sent as multi-part MIME because not all email clients and devices can support or display HTML. Therefore, if an HTML email cannot be displayed, the plain text version will appear instead.
Additionally, spam filters are less likely to flag an email as spam if they see that there is a plain text alternative in addition to the HTML email because filters tend to view HTML only emails as potentially harboring malicious content.
Note: It is very important to make sure that the text in the plain text message matches closely with the text found in the HTML message.
To enable multi-part MIME for your Email Message:
- Go to Assets > Assets and locate your
- Check the box next to Create and send as multi-part MIME email message.
- In the editor, click on the Plain Text Message tab to configure the plain text for your email.
- Click on the Copy text from HTML button and click Copy when the Copy text from HTML dialog box appears.
- Once the text has been copied over, make any minor adjustments to the spacing and formatting of the text if needed.
- Click Save when finished to update the Email Message with your changes.