Yes, you can add an opt-out link to your email by using the [[SUBSCRIPTION LINK]] tag.
The [[SUBSCRIPTION LINK]] tag is a prospect replacement tag that is available for use within the WYSIWYG editor. It is populated for each individual email recipient and contains the link to their respective Subscription Management Page.
This tag can be used in standard text or image links, allowing you to provide one or multiple "Manage your Subscriptions" links that adhere to your style preferences, anywhere in the body of your email message.
To add an opt-out / "manage your subscriptions" link to your email, follow these steps:
- Create or Edit your email template.
- While in the Normal view of the WYSIWYG Editor, highlight the existing text or select the image that should be linked.
- Click the Link icon in the WYSIWYG toolbar, and the Link Properties dialog box will appear.
- Under the Link Info tab, configure the link settings as follows:
- Link Type: URL
- Protocol: <other>
- URL: [[SUBSCRIPTION LINK]]
- Click OK to finish linking your text or image.
- Repeat Steps 2-5 to link additional text or images as needed.
- When finished, click either:
- Save: Overwrite the pre-existing template with which you started with your changes.
- Save As: Create a NEW template.
Note - Every DemandCenter email will also include a standard Opt-Out link at the very bottom of the email, regardless of whether or not a [[SUBSCRIPTION LINK]] tag has been included elsewhere in the body of the email template.
For users that are familiar with HTML, the proper syntax for a [[SUBSCRIPTION LINK]] tag in a standard href link is:
<a href="[[SUBSCRIPTION LINK]]">Linked Text or image</a>