To configure the Start Action options of a Dynamic Progressive Form:
- Go to Assets > Explore Forms.
- Create or Edit your Progressive Form.
- Configure the settings for the Progressive Form Definition tab.
- Click Save to create your Dynamic Progressive Form (you will need to provide a name and choose a folder for your saved form).
- After you successfully save your form, you will be able to click on the Progressive Form Flow tab. Doing so will take you to the Progressive Form Flow Workspace, where you will need to configure the flow(s) of your new Progressive Form.
- Double-click the Start Action to begin configuring your Progressive Form Flow. You will be taken to the Start Action configuration window where you will define the first form prompt that will be presented to qualifying Prospects, as well as the overall default behavior and style of the Dynamic Progressive Form.
- Configure the following Start Action Options:
- Test Audience: Use the drop-down menu to select the Static list that you would like to use while testing your Progressive Form Actions.
- Match Using: Choose how you would like the system to match form submitters with their corresponding Prospect records in the DemandCenter database (when applicable). You may choose from the following options:
- E-mail: A new Prospect record will be created in DemandCenter if a matching Prospect with the EXACT same E-mail address is not found.
- E-mail address, First Name, and Last Name: A new Prospect record will be created in DemandCenter if a matching Prospect with the EXACT same E-mail, First Name, and Last Name is not found.
Note - Capitalization and punctuation differences will be considered different data, and will cause a new Prospect to be created.
- Message Text: Provide text that will be displayed in the header of the Start Action form prompt. Please refer to the following example (Message Text is outlined in red):
- Prompt Retry: Use the drop-down menu to choose how many a times a Prospect will be prompted by a given Form Action before being allowed to bypass the Form and proceed to the destination (maximum retry: 10).
Note - Form Actions containing Required Fields (see below) will retry until all required fields are completed, regardless of the Prompt Retry setting.
- (OPTIONAL) Default dialog CSS: Enter your own CSS to customize the look and feel of the prompts for this Form. Click here to review the default CSS for Dynamic Progressive form prompts .
- Add Fields to the Start Action Form: Click Select Fields to browse and select the DemandCenter Standard and Custom fields that you would like to include in the Start Action form prompt.
Note: Progressive forms do not support the use of 'Date' fields at this time, so any fields saved as such will not appear as an option to add to a progressive form. The use of a 'Text' or 'Single-Select' field is recommended instead.
- Manage Field Behaviors: For each of the DemandCenter Standard and Custom fields that you chose to include in the Start Action form prompt, you set the following behaviors:
- Show Data: If this is selected, the field will display the current data that it is holding in the database for the Prospect viewing the form prompt. If this option is not selected, the field will be displayed without any data.
- Editable: If this is selected, the field will be editable by the Prospect viewing the form prompt. If this option is not selected, the field will be included in the form prompt as read-only field -- the Prospect will not be allowed to enter data into the field.
- Required: If this is selected, Prospects will be required to enter data into the corresponding field, in order to successfully submit the form. If this option is not selected, Prospects will be allowed to successfully submit the form without entering any data into the field.
Note - The fields that you choose for duplicate matching (see Match Using above), will be automatically required. The Required setting for these fields cannot be removed.
- Order: Click the arrows to move fields up and down. The order that you set here, is the same order in which the fields will be displayed in the form prompt.
- Remove Fields from the Start Action Form: Check the box(es) to the left of the field(s) that you would like to remove from the Start Action form prompt, then click Delete Fields. The selected fields will be removed and will no longer be displayed to Prospects that view the Start Action form prompt.
To learn how to create a new Dynamic Progressive Form, click here.
To learn how to edit an existing eTrigue Dynamic Progressive Form, click here.
To learn how to pause and disable an active eTrigue Dynamic Progressive Form, click here.
To learn how to configure the Start Action options of your Dynamic Progressive Form, Click here.
To learn how to associate a form with a Campaign, Click here.
To learn more about DemandCenter Campaigns, click here.