To configure the plain text version of a DemandCenter Email Template:
- When creating or editing a Demandcenter Email template, check the box next to Send as Multi-Part Mime.
- Click on the Plain Text Message tab to see the Plain Text Editor.
- Enter the text for the body of your Plain Text version. You may either:
- Manually type the text for your message in the provided editor.
- Click Copy Text from HTML -- all text from the HTML Message tab will be imported into the Plain Text Message tab. All HTML code will be removed from the text, including all images, formatting, and styles. Hyperlinks will be reduced to just their destination URL.
- Use the Prospect Tags drop-down menu to customize your message with Prospect Replacement Tags. These tags are populated for each individual email recipient, with the PROSPECT data from your DemandCenter database, creating a one-to-one relationship between the email sender and audience members.
- Use the Signature Tags drop-down menu to add Signature Replacement Tags to your message, to add a dynamically populated signature block to your message. These tags are populated for each individual email recipient, with the contact information of the USER that is the Sender of the outbound Email.
Note - A Message Template cannot be saved if it does not include the necessary Signature Replacement Tags required for Can-Spam compliance: First Name, Last Name, Company Name, Address, City, Zip, and Phone.
- Click Save, to save the Email Template.
- After saving your Email Template, you may use the the Send Proof tool to email yourself PROOF versions of the Email Template, in order to test the message in an email client environment.
To learn how to create a new Email Template, click here.
To learn how to edit an existing Email Template, click here.
To learn more about Message Replacement Tags, click here.
To learn how to send PROOF message, click here.