eTrigue progressive forms can protect links on your website by adding a small piece of code to the link's HTML code. Once a link has been modified with the code, prospects will be presented with your progressive form upon clicking on one of those links.
Note - Links inside eTrigue email templates cannot be protected by progressive forms.
To protect a link on your website with an eTrigue progressive form:
- In eTrigue, go to Assets and open your progressive form.
- Click on the Actions tab. Under Associate Form to Campaigns, locate and make note of the eTriguePf value next to class. Below is an example of what you might see:
- In the source code of your tracked web page, locate the <a> tag for your link that you would like to protect with your eTrigue progressive form.
For example, if your web page contains a link that points to a PDF, the HTML may look something like this:
<body>Download <a href="https://www.etrigue.com/whitepapers/My_Example_Whitepaper.pdf">here</a></body>
- Add a class attribute to your <a> tag. The value for your class attribute should be the eTriguePf value. Using the example above, the HTML would now look something like this:
<body>Download <a class="eTriguePf-15782-5016" href="https://www.etrigue.com/whitepapers/My_Example_Whitepaper.pdf">here</a></body>
- Save the changes to your page.