We recommend sending yourself a proof email, so that you can see what the message will look like in a live email client. After an Email Template has been saved, follow these steps to email a proof version of the message:
- Click Send Proof.
- Choose your proof recipients:
- If you would like to send to one or more individual prospects, use the search box under Send to Individual Prospect(s). You can find existing prospects by Email Address, Name, or Company.
- If you would like to send to one or more a Static List of prospects, click Select under Send to List(s) to browse your existing Static Lists, and double-click each list to add those lists to your selection. If you need to create a new Static list for testing, click here.
Note - The maximum number of prospects that can be emailed is 40 prospects (up to a maximum of 20 individual prospects and a maximum of 20 prospects from all selected Static Lists).
To help distinguish your proof emails in your inbox, the subject of the proof will appear as follows:
PROOF [date] [Time] - Original Subject Line.
Example: PROOF Aug 24, 2011 09:40:59 - Join us at the Tradeshow!
- Check the formatting of the message to ensure that everything looks as you would expect. Please note that different email clients may render your email slightly different, so do not be alarmed if there are slight differences.
- Check that the email links are pointing to the correct web pages
- Verify that links are being tracked by eTrigue upon being visited (clicked). First, click on the links in your email and visit a few pages on your website. Next, open your test prospect record and confirm that you see the pages that you have visited in your Activity History.