A Text Custom Field allows you to create a field that can be populated with a free-form text string, consisting of a combination of letters, numbers, symbols, or other single-byte and multi-byte characters.
To create a Text Custom Field:
- Go to Settings > Prospect Settings > Prospect Fields.
- Click Add New Custom Field.
- In the Add Custom Field dialog box, provide the following information:
- Name: Input a name for the custom field that you're creating.
- Type: Use the drop-down menu to set the field type to "Text".
- Size: Specify the maximum limit of characters to be stored (50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, 2000+).
NOTE - eTrigue will only store up to the maximum character limit specified by each field's 'Size' parameter. Any excess characters inserted by a form, imported list, or other means will be discarded. Please be aware of each field's character limit before inserting new data.
- When finished, click Save to create your Text Custom Field.