eTrigue DemandCenter provides Salesforce users insight into the leads and
contacts visiting your website during the sales process to help close more
To keep your sales team working in Salesforce CRM and focused
on closing more deals, eTrigue’s integration with Salesforce is fully
customizable and designed to work the way you do.
Features of eTrigue CRM Integration include:
- Push new Leads to Salesforce
- Update Leads and Contacts with recent eTrigue visitor tracking stats
- Synchronize campaign membership information
- Synchronize custom field data with selectable bi-directional mappings
How to Connect eTrigue and Salesforce
Step 1: Install a Package in Salesforce
Your team will need to install a small package in Salesforce. Don't worry, this package is small and installs custom fields to hold tracking data from your eTrigue account, along with two triggers that interact with these custom fields. The package does not make any interrupt your organization's Salesforce settings or workflows.
Follow the instructions in the attached resource (found at the bottom of this article) to install the package in your Salesforce account.
Step 2: Prepare for a one-time initial synchronization between Salesforce and DemandCenter
During the initial synchronization:
- All Leads from Salesforce will be inserted into your eTrigue database as new prospects.
- All Contacts from Salesforce will be inserted into your eTrigue database as new prospects.
- If there are Leads or Contacts that already exist in eTrigue (matching based on email address), those records are linked together.
It is recommended that your team consider completing additional preparation work prior to the synchronization:
- For are any Leads or Contacts that should be left alone by the synchronization, set the etrigueignore field for those Leads and Contacts to TRUE (checked). This checkbox will ensure that those records are excluded from all CRM processing moving forward.
- For any fields that you want mapped FROM Salesforce TO eTrigue, consider adding a Salesforce to eTrigue field mapping under Settings > Integration > CRM Integration Mappings. For example, if there are Salesforce fields that your team relies on for list segmenting, then you may find it beneficial to map that Salesforce field to eTrigue.
- Review any dynamic campaigns in eTrigue. Since the synchnorization is feeding new records into your eTrigue database, your team may want to take this time to pause or review any campaigns that may potentially receive new records. The last thing you want is for prospects to receive emails that they shouldn't!
Step 3: Run the Initial Synchronization
Send an email to email@example.com that you are ready for our team to perform the initial synchronization. If all pre-diagnostic tests look normal, we will run the initial synchronization.
Once the synchronization is complete, we will perform quality assurance testing to verify that CRM Integration services are running normally. After verification, CRM Integration will be enabled for your eTrigue account and your team will be notified.